-Should you/your child have any medical conditions or special needs that may affect the way the workshop is run, please contact us in advance. It is important that the facilitator is aware of any conditions or restrictions you/your child has to ensure that they can cater the workshop to your/your child’s needs. Please share as much information as possible, and rest assured that this will not result in you/your child being excluded from the workshop. This information will always remain confidential and will not be revealed to anyone else (except in a medical emergency).
– The facilitator reserves the right to remove any participant from the workshop, or refuse entry to the workshop to any participant, at any time for any reason. There will not be a refund in these instances.
– Children must be dropped off and collected inside the Livewire Studios grounds. Please do not ask them to meet you elsewhere. This applies to all participants aged under 18.
– The facilitator reserves the right to cancel the workshop at any time for any reason. A full refund will be issued in this circumstance.
– Participants collected more than 10 minutes late will be charged $5/5 minutes over this time.
– Contagious illness is not welcome! Many members of the community, including some of our staff and students, are immune compromised. A simple cold for you has the potential to result in chronic and even life threatening illness to the immune compromised. If you/your child are ill, please phone us asap to discuss the situation.
Drama can be a physical activity. Whilst all care will be taken, the facilitator is not in any way responsible for the occurrence of any injuries, damage to physical property, sickness, emotional upset, or offence that may occur. By choosing to register yourself/your child/ren for this workshop, you are acknowledging and accepting this disclaimer. This disclaimer also applies to all other workshops offered by Livewire Studios.
DO PARENTS STAY?
For toddler sessions only. For older children, not unless your child has special needs which require you to do so – please contact us in advance to discuss your child’s needs. There are two adults – the facilitator, and assistant – with the children at all times during the workshop. Parents are welcome to stay for the first 10 minutes of the workshop for 4-6 year olds only. There are many reasons parents don’t stay for the workshops. These include:
Children tend to ‘come out of their shells’ more without parents around – this means they can relax and enjoy the workshop more easily.
Whilst you may feel your child will be more comfortable with you around, for the other participants you are a stranger, or a friend’s parent – both identities can cause a sense of ‘being watched’ and perhaps embarrassment to participants as they step out of their comfort zones and take part in the workshop.
Parents chatting or occupying themselves in the workshop space causes distractions.
If you would like to discuss this further, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
PAYMENTS, AUTO-PAY, MISSED CLASSES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– By choosing to enrol in a workshop, whether it is a one-off or ongoing workshops series, you are committing to the full duration of the workshop, and are financially liable for the full fees whether you/your child attends all classes in the series or not. Numbers of participants enrolled is used to determine whether a class can proceed, and this then affects our staffing. For these reasons, should you/your child need to miss a class during the workshop series, we are unable to credit or refund.
– Enrolling verbally with our staff over the phone, or in person, and enrolling via text or phone message, are considered formal enrolments and will be processed as such. Should you advise us you wish to enrol, but do not want to process payment until there is confirmation the workshop/workshop series will proceed, we will advise you as soon as the workshop/workshop series is confirmed as proceeding, We will also enrol you/your child as per your previously expressed request. You are then considered enrolled, and financially committed to the workshop/workshop series.
– To limit administrative fees involved with chasing participants for payments, we require all participants to be enrolled in auto-pay. If you are unable to use autopay because you do not have a credit/debit card, please contact us by email.
-If you are paying in full, payment must be received prior to the first workshop. You can do this by clicking ‘Make a Payment’ in the Parent Portal, by cash in person at our premises, or by direct deposit into our bank account. Please ensure you allow time for funds to clear. You may also choose to pay in 3 instalments over the term or 6 over the semester through autopay. Please note, each instalment will also be charged a 2% transaction fee.
-If you choose to cancel your/your child’s place in the workshop or workshop series, prior to the commencement date, please phone or email (contact details below) asap. You will receive a full refund if you cancel more than 4 days prior to the first workshop date. Cancellations after this time will receive a 50% refund, or, if cancelling 24 hours or less before the workshop, there will be no refund. A $10 admin fee will be withheld on all refunds.
-Holiday classes must be paid in full at the time of enrolment. For this reason, we require all holiday participants to be enrolled in auto-pay. If you are unable to use autopay because you do not have a credit/debit card, please contact us by email.
– Once you have enrolled in autopay, we will continue to use autopay to process your future payments unless you tell us otherwise. If you wish for your enrolment in autopay to be cancelled at any time, you must contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Autopay dates are advised prior to the commencement of each workshop series, and these can not be altered to suit individuals.
– We do not offer free trials in any circumstances. In rare instances, for participants with special circumstances, we may allow a paid trial period of 2 to 3 weeks. In these instances, the workshop series must still be committed to in full, as per regular enrolments, and the trial period must be paid for. If, after the designated trial period, you/your child deem the class not suitable, we will refund the remainder of the workshop series in full. If you would like to know if you/your child qualify for the paid trial period, please contact us via email.
-Commencing 3rd May 2019, all currently enrolled students will be automatically re-enrolled in the next term/semester’s workshop series, unless we are notified in writing by the final day of the current term/semester. Automatic re-enrolment includes financial liability for the next term/semester’s fees, and autopay payments will commence on the advised dates for the next workshop series. Parents will be reminded of this policy by email a minimum of 14 days prior to the final day of the current term. No exceptions to this policy will be made.
1. Failure to respond to our phone calls, texts, emails, and/or letters does not void any of these Terms & Conditions.
2. Acceptance of our services is acceptance of these Terms & Conditions
3. Our policies may be updated at any time. We will notify currently enrolled students in writing only. We advise all clients to check these policies each time they enrol in a new workshop/workshop series.